Friday, May 4, 2007

For my Suhan

The most excellent present for an extra special sis on her very special day...

I don't remember the exact date or time when we first met.
Just fragments of images are in my mind
Through pictures taken during those good ol' days.

Being the same age and in the same premises
We got to share primary school,
Though we didn't get to be in the same class
Except for one year only.

We started to get to know each other.
After school we would end up at scoop with an ice corn
No wonder our baby fats didn't burn.

As we grew up so did our friendship grow
By this time I knew for sure you were my best friend.
The only person who would be trustworthy for life,
The one person to whom I could lay out my heart's contents without thinking twice.
You were there for me through think and thin, through rain or shine.

Our lives had differences
It didn't interfere our friendship
We had hard times
which were overcame through
confiding in each other


Studies weren't a hardship
We did our home work over the phone
With some songs in between
Followed by laughter and giggles


Unfortunately we didn't get to finish our school at the same year
But we still remained the same.
I remember one day when we out roaming the roads the Male'
Just being obnoxious and free, we met a class mate and she asked you,
"You two still friends!!!"...and I thought why would she say that?
But I was happy atleast someone noticed that we were still friends...

When I started work you were studying in Lanka,
Oh those larger than life letters
I still have one which I was unable to send. Miscuzi...
And the bindhalaa Habaru tapes...
We create such a brilliant team don't we...
Me, you, Dhonee,Tess, Amy,Kaushar...and our dreams...

While you were still in Bangalore,
I moved and our Quartet had some gaps in between our meetings.
Do you still remember our first meeting?
With the music volume enough to blow the neighbourhood into oblivion
And the guys...with the guitar on the roof and fake camera's..
The stories we wrote and the songs we sang
Just being with you was what it mattered


Time moved forward so did we,
We both followed our own dreams.
Though we were miles apart
Distance didn't matter
Our way of communication is above all
From posted letters to audio tapes
Emails, voice mails and house calls
Anyway works

The most important bond
That we have always shared
Is our gut feeling for each other
No matter where or when


As we grew up
We met different people
But I have never met
Anyone like you

The memory of our First Fight
I can still remember how I cried
Through tears and laughter
For the reason was silly enough


Now you're in SQ
Wishing I was there
Just think of the songs we sang
Or the endless hours we spend
Talking about nothing and everything
Even with a 3 hour difference
Be it day or night

We have so much in common
And yet we are unique in our own ways,
Probably since we are related
But I'm sure we would have been great friends
Even if we were not related...

You were there when I needed you most
When I needed a shoulder to cry on
May it be from laughter of grief
You helped me walk through life
While stumbling and falling
Showed me what friendship meant
Even in the darkest of hours


Even if I find myself
Living a lie
You have shown me
The right path
The fact that you never gave up on me
I have it embeded in my heart


You are my idol
And I look up to you
Am not saying you're perfect
Who is?
Even with flaws
You're still my Suhan

With a smile on your face
Kindness in youre heart
Forever giving
And not asking in return


Don't ever feel lonely
Always know you're loved
and cared for
I am always there for you
And always will be
God knows when I would leave this world
But I promise you
I'll be with you in Heaven


So many memories
And so much to write
I'm sure this page won't do justice
For you and I have made it through
Since I can remember

I am so proud to have you as a sis
And I'm glad you're my best friend
I'll forever be thankful
For you to have been by my side
Through my entire life

Once more Happy B'day Suhan
May Allah bless you always

No comments: